The Wisconsin Council on Children and Families and Race to Equity are pleased to announce the availability of four “Race to Equity” scholarships for spring 2017 high school graduates who plan to enroll in secondary education or vocational training. One $1000 and one $500 scholarship will be awarded to two Dane County high school graduates. One $1000 and one $500 scholarship will be awarded to two high school graduates outside of Dane County and within the state of Wisconsin.
To apply, applicants should complete a short application form and answer the question “What does racial equity mean to me?” with either
1. An essay of 500-1000 typewritten words
2. A creative video between 4 and 8 minutes (End credits, if applicable, count towards the allotted 8 minute time limit). Upload your video to a high-quality video sharing website (YouTube, Vimeo, SchoolTube, etc.) If you are using YouTube, be sure to set the video privacy to unlisted. Copy and paste the link of the video to the application form.
Applications will be evaluated on the student’s ability to express the importance of racial equity in our community and world, and how it has personally affected their lives. We hope to recognize students who exhibit understanding, knowledge, and passion on racial equity and social justice in their submission.
Applications are due Wednesday, September 7th, 2016. Students can use this link to submit their application and essay or video.
- Applicant must be graduating from a high school in the spring of 2017.
- Winners will be announced no later than September 12, 2016.
- Winners will be asked to attend the Wisconsin Council on Children and Families’ “Step Forward for Kids” event on the evening of Wednesday September 21 in Madison, WI to accept the scholarship.
- Scholarship payments will be made directly to the secondary education or vocational training institute once enrollment for the fall of 2017 has been verified
- All submissions become the property of Wisconsin Council on Children and Families. Applicants grant permission to WCCF to use their names and submission materials for promotional purposes related to WCCF and its activities. By submitting an application, applicants indicate that their submission does not violate the property rights of any other person and grant WCCF the right to exhibit, distribute, televise and otherwise use the entries in various media.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 608-284-0580 x 304.